Tuesday 17 September 2013

1 year old!

Today I woke up to my phone buzzing in congratulations. It has buzzed at me monthly since I was first pregnant. 
Being a mum was never on my horizon and when I wound up in the position I was clueless as what to do. Similar to say, if you have never desired being an accountant then you find yourself one day sitting in a cubicle at HRBlock with your first customer sitting in front of you, you'd have a mild panic. 'Wait! I don't know anything about tax!', of course you know you need to pay tax and you've seen your accountant do it in front of you before so you have a vague idea but its a far cry from where you have found yourself. 

I feel the same way about motherhood. 

I just learnt a few weeks ago I was meant to stop the night feeds at 4-6 months....... Oops :/

All I can say is thank God for google! And baby/pregnancy apps. My phone has been giving me daily tips and reassurance for the last 17 months. Today is the last day- because apparently, I am now 'a pro' and no longer need their help. So it tells me anyway and so far it's been pretty on the mark. 

Our little kitten, our little Edie-Pie, our little...... (Is 13kg considered little?.....note to self: google baby weights later) baby girl is a whole year old today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment